Junior Business Controller
The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. We offer the convenience of a single source to meet every need. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity.
Our team is comprised of approximately 4,600 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
For our operations in Boxmeer we are currently looking for a
Junior Business Controller.
The functionThe Junior Business Controller will be provided with the opportunity to be part of the experienced business analysis team in Boxmeer. The team is responsible for reviewing cost accounting activities related to our Boxmeer departments and projects. Major responsibilities include reporting and analyzing results such as controlling costs, salesorder, product and customer margins and productivity.
In this position you will be engaged in a broad range of business economical activities to enable continuous improvement of spending, balance sheet risk/opportunity, and product profitability in accordance with corporate policy and business objectives. The position reports to the Global Industry Controller. We are looking for people who have the potential to at least grow to a Senior Business Controller in 1 to 3 years and to a Global Controller in the more distant future. You will have day to day involvement with our Manufacturing, Sales, Service and Innovation organization as well as our Accounting and Finance team.
For this function you will be located in Boxmeer but occasional trips to other Marel locations might be required.
- Participate in period-end closing
- Prepare management reporting and analysis
- Provide reporting and analysis for all activities including productivity, capital & department spending, forecasting, budgeting, absorption, sales, innovation, etc.
- Support translating objectives into capacity planning and investment plans for the location, reviews/challenges man and machine hour rates, service tariffs, utilization, etc.
- Review business activity and accounts to support accurate and timely submission of financial statements
- Support the development of the annual operating plan and monthly forecasting.
- Prepare percentage of completion reports
- Support project control based on comparison pre- and post-calculation and initiate improvements
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with colleagues from all departments including sales, engineering, innovation, service, procurement, manufacturing and all members of the domestic and international financial team
- Support and execute process improvement projects
- Prepare business cases
- Acquire knowledge of the organization and it’s processes as a preparation to a possible leading Controller position within Marel
- Leadership and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, flexible and highly motivated personality
- Keen eye for detail but always keeping the helicopter view
- Look for the business explanation behind the numbers
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Affinity and experience with financial analysis and creative with improvement of business processes
- University degree in Management Accounting or comparable
- 1-3 years working experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with IFRS
- Ability to extract, organize, analyze, and report data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions with the use of an ERP system (SAP experience a plus) and Office tools
- Prepared to travel, occasionally also international
We offerMarel offers you plenty of space to develop yourself (internationally). The informal atmosphere gives you the opportunity to take responsibility and show initiative. You will of course be supported and supervised by the organization. Salary will depend on knowledge and experience. At Marel the challenges are there for taking!
Contact information/ The procedureDo you recognize yourself in the person? If so, press the “apply” button.
For more information on the position you can contact Niels Jordens, via phone: +31485-586 160 of via e-mail: Niels.Jordens@marel.com