Software Engineering Manager
The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed.
Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. Our team is comprised of approximately 4,600 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
Our Innova software platform enables our clients to monitor and improve their production processes. The platform offers device support and MES functionality and is based on SQL and .NET. For more information, please visit our Innova website: marel.com/innova
For our Innova team, we are looking forward to meet you as our new:
Software Engineering Manager
The functionAs Software Engineering Manager you have an important role within our global Innova Development team. This team is growing into a cross industry development team and develops Innova functionality for the Poultry, Fish, Further Processing and Meat industries.
As Software Engineering Manager, you:
• Execute, together with the team, the development projects as defined in the industry roadmaps
• Coach the team and team members in personal development, transparent and trustworthy planning, project management, translating customer requirements into working software, build on agile working methods and improvement processes
• Are responsible for all Personnel management of the development team in Boxmeer, such as: recruitment, salary reviews, development, performance management, local cost budgeting (including salaries) and the approval of all personnel expenses including travel expenses
• Implement structural, improvement processes
• Are a Member of the Innovation Cluster Management team in Boxmeer and you act as main Innova contact to Innovation activities in Boxmeer, including general alignment with product group roadmaps
• Are responsible for the information flow from management (local management in Boxmeer and Innova management team) to the development team
• Are a member of the Innova Development team and you participate in defining and executing the Innova development roadmap
RequirementsThe position of Software Engineering Manager demands leadership and problem solving skills and involves a high level of responsibility and self-motivation. You need to promote effective performance through good management, motivation and strategic thinking. Besides that, you possess the following skills and expertise. You:
• Are a team player, who can take the lead with the confidence
• Have a strong drive for results and you are persistent in achieving targets
• Are a self-starter who can work independently, you have organizational skills and you take initiative
• Have proven and demonstrable skills in complex project- and change management
• Are capable to build consensus and deal with and manage resistance
• Are a bridge builder between people and organization, result-driven and you have strong analytical skills
• Have an inspiring and motivating personality, excellent skills in written and oral English and perfect communication and networking skills
• Enjoy the challenge of working with colleagues from different cultures
• Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred
• Have experience in managing people and processes in a technical environment. Experience in software programming and good knowledge of software development processes is a benefit, just as experience in an international work environment
We offerWorking at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Contact information/ The procedureFor more information, please do not hesitate to contact Marlies van de Stolpe, Global Talent Acquisition Manager, by phone: + 31 485 586 304 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this position, we are looking forward to receive your CV via this website.