The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity.
Our team is comprised of approximately 4,600 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
For our Industry Meat BU Secondary Processing organization, location Boxmeer, we are currently recruiting a:Project Engineer
The functionAs a Project Engineer, you are working close together with Sales Engineers to translate the needs of international customers into innovative, logistically optimized and reliable systems for our meat processing customers. You are responsible for the technical integrity of the system we deliver to the customers and you act on behalf of Innovation. This involves layouts where various solutions are connected into an integrated production system by means of intelligent transport systems. The scope of a project can vary from a small production system to a complete line.
As Project Engineer your responsibilities will consist of the following:
• Be the primary link between Sales and Innovation in the order fulfilment process
• Based on the proposal lay-out and the functional description, take care of the detailed engineering specifications to complete the order lay-out
• Responsibility for creating and making the order/technical specification for the equipment/system solutions
• Detail all technical components, including specials
• Responsibility for creating the engineering package, consisting detailed lay-out and technical specification (air, water, loads, etc.), for the customer and the required information for successive installation by Marel
• Create BOM’s and check BOM’s for system integrity for projects that need lay-outs
• Advice and create specifications for Third party equipment and technically assess the offered solution
• Responsible for the transfer of the complete order engineering package to Project Management and Technical Center
• Supporting General Engineering work in innovation when needed
• Review production drawings from Order engineering group (Technical Center) prior to production
• Review configurations of standard equipment from Sales Engineering prior to production
• Plan Order Engineering work according to delivery times and load on order fulfillment. I.e. estimate hours for Layout work and order engineering work needed for all projects
Requirements• You have a bachelor degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical engineering
• At least two years’ experience in a similar job
• You have experience with Layout engineering applications (AUTOCAD, FDS, PLM, KIS, SharePoint)
• You are detail oriented, structural, analytical and focused on quality
• Pro-active: take initiatives, based on own insights, to improve the system solution or the effectiveness and efficiency of the work
• Good knowledge of English both in speaking and writing is required and you can easily connect and communicate with people
We offerWorking at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Contact information/ The procedureDo you recognize yourself in the person? If so, press the “apply” button.
For more information on the position you can contact Brynjar Mar Karlsson, Innovation Manager, telephone +354 8258058, or email: email@example.com or our Recruiter, Bianca van Scherpenzeel, telephone +31 485-586180, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org If you want to know more about our organization click on www.marel.com/jobs or werkenbijmarel.nl