The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. Our team is comprised of approximately 4,600 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
Click here for the corporate video of Marel
For our Global IT Organization, we are looking forward to recruit an:
The functionMarel has globalized its IT Infrastructure services, which are developed, managed and supported by Marels Infrastructure team.
In the challenging position of Infrastructure Architect you are responsible for the overall design of Marel’s IT Infrastructure and, in that context, you map business requirements to infrastructure requirements.
You are also responsible to lead the development of mid and long-term strategic goals for the IT Infrastructure domain.
As Infrastructure Architect your main responsibilities for the domain are:
• Build vision on Marel’s IT Infrastructure services and related components for the short, mid and long term
• Align your vision with stakeholders and translate this into a roadmap
• Participate in evolving and influencing industry trends, technologies and directions
• Evaluate future technologies against business requirements, strategies and map them to IT capabilities
• Ensure compliance of architecture principles, policies and standards
• Share best practices and be consultative
• Quality of delivered infrastructure architecture and development principles
• Delivery of detailed functional design documents to match requirements, in consultation with IT specialists
As our Infrastructure Architect you will be based in Boxmeer.
To be successful in this challenging position, you have:
• Finished your bachelor or master Information Technology
• Gained at least 3 years of experience as an IT Infrastructure architect in an international environment
• Knowledge of architecture languages like Togaf and IOAM
• Knowledge of ITIL
• Knowledge of and experience with project methods (Prince2)
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
But more important is who you are. You can be best described as:
• A strong communicator, you can engage with all levels in the organization (also cross functional – business – IT)
• An individual with excellent interpersonal and customer and business relations skills to leverage and orchestrate diverse stakeholders with adequate sense of urgency, share insights with colleagues
• A Team player who fosters teamwork in a global, multicultural and virtual context
• Someone with good presentation and strong analytical skills
• Commercial and able to stand firm