The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity.
Our team is comprised of approximately 4,600 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
For our corporate finance organization, we are looking forward to meet you as our new:
The functionIn the position of Consolidation Assistant you will play an important role in the consolidation process. You are responsible for preparing and analyzing the external reporting of the Marel group financial statements, Marel group management information and ad hoc information related to information requests from the organization. You will support in the budgeting process and the evaluation of forecasting.
Besides this, you are responsible for:
• Supporting in executing the consolidation of strategic and operational planning information and bank budget information.
• Taking part in specific tasks in the consolidation process; consolidate financial data in Hyperion Financial Management, take care of intercompany elimination and intercompany matching and perform corporate consolidation entries.
• Analysing and identifying potential errors and work with financial employees in all Marel locations worldwide to verify correctness & potential correction of reported numbers.
• Taking part in maintaining the financial manual.
• Staying in close contact with controllers to give them training and feedback on their financial reporting, including the forecasting.
• Involved in analyzing rolling forecasts of companies and translating this into an optimal group rolling forecast.
• Supporting and assisting in improvement or integration projects by supplying requested reports and information.
RequirementsThe position of Consolidation Assistant demands an individual with strong analytical skills with a background in financial accounting or business economics. You understand financial reporting processes and consolidation and you have gained experience in making information from data using analytical tools and excel. You know how to explain reporting guidelines to financial colleagues, helping them with implementing changes or making improvements. You feel comfortable in a heavy changing environment and have a proactive attitude, seeing continuous improvements as a challenge. You are able to work in a multi-culture environment. You are focussed on quality, you take initiative and you are decisive.
You have a finished Bachelor or Master degree in Business economics, Accounting or Accountancy with 2 years relevant experience in a similar position in a global -preferably technical- organization. Next to that, you have gained practical experience with reporting according to IFRS and working with consolidation tools like Hyperion / Smart view. You are an expert in Excel and other analytical (BI) tools.
You recognize yourself in the following competencies: Team work, Result driven, Responsibility & Accountability and Communication skills. Besides that, you are independent and flexible. You take initiative and you are focused on customer (internal) satisfaction and you are service orientated.
We offerWorking at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Contact information/ The procedureFor more information, don’t hesitate to contact Marlies van de Stolpe, by phone: + 31 485 586 304 or by email: email@example.com
If you are interested in this position, don’t hesitate to forward us your CV via this website.