Category manager corporate IT Procurement
The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. Our team is comprised of approximately 4,600 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
Click here for the corporate video of Marel
Due to internal growth, we are looking forward to further strengthen our global procurement team with you as our:
Category manager corporate IT Procurement
The functionThe Category manager corporate IT is part of the global NPR Procurement team based in various locations in Iceland, US and the Netherlands. This team is part of the global procurement organization. Procurement is organized as part of the global Supply Chain department.
The category manager corporate IT reports to the global NPR Lead and operationally to the IT Director. In your team you work closely with a purchaser IT. Further you work closely with various IT functions and are based in the IT department for daily activities. Your main stakeholders will be the corporate IT director and IT management.
Marel has globalized its IT services. Corporate IT is organized under the CFO and its services include IT applications, IT infrastructure, IT project and portfolio management and local/regional IT.
In the challenging position of Category Manager corporate IT, you:
• Develop and execute a global IT procurement strategy, aligned with the IT strategy and roadmap
• Selecting, tendering, negotiating and contracting IT suppliers worldwide: build and manage the global supply base
• Perform and coordinate strategic sourcing initiatives within the defined area of responsibility, performing tenders, conducting negotiations and concluding global frame contracts with main vendors
• Building and maintaining good working relationships with IT suppliers in collaboration with the appropriate IT stakeholders
• Manage existing IT contracts and IT suppliers
• Identify, develop and implement IT cost saving opportunities
• Identify and when needed, mitigate IT supply base risks in cooperation with various stakeholders
• Function as the ‘procurement face’ for IT and sparring partner for IT management
• Report on several KPI’s towards the CPO and IT Director
Requirements• You are a senior in IT procurement with at least 5 years tangible working experience on a strategic level
• Proven performance in all relevant strategic procurement processes in the field of IT (Hardware, IT services, Software, Licensing, Data- and Telecommunication) in an international arena
• Your legal knowledge relevant to IT and contracting is up-to-date
• You have a great understanding of and you are a successful negotiator in contracting IT concepts such as SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, IT outsourcing, IT Security, various types of software licensing and infra/telco networks
• ITIL process management and project management methodologies like Prince2 are familiar to you
• (Procurement) process thinking and acting with the ability to improve processes cross-functionally
• Multi-cultural awareness
• Bachelor or Master Degree in a relevant area: for example in, business, economics, supply chain, but other areas of studies may be suitable. Important is that you are able to act on an academic level
• Traveling 10% of your time
Your characteristics could be described as analytical, taking responsibility, strong stakeholder manager, relationship developer, self-starting, service- and result minded and flexible team-player. Furthermore, you are able to work under pressure and enjoy a good negotiation, balancing great results and long term relationships.
We offerWorking at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Contact information/ The procedureFor more information, don’t hesitate to contact our recruiter, Marlies van de Stolpe, by phone: + 31 485 586 304 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this position, we're looking forward to receiving your CV via this website.