Area Sales Manager
The organizationMarel is an international supplier of integrated systems, products and services for the fish, meat and poultry industry. Our tagline is Advancing food processing. That’s at the heart of everything we do. We want to push food processing further. We want to make it better. That is our passion.
Some 4600 employees work worldwide for Marel supporting the Poultry, Further Processing, Fish and Meat industries. Unity, Innovation and Excellence are the values which characterize our company.
For our Further Processing organization, we are looking for a:
Senior Area Sales Manager
The functionAs Senior Area Sales Manager you are responsible for reaching the commercial targets agreed for a particular area. You work with and support local Further Processing, Poultry and Meat Account Managers, agents, and back office in determining the real customer need and developing and selling Further Processing solutions. Besides that you are commercially responsible for some dedicated Further Processing customers. You will report into the Sales Director for Further Processing.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Marel Further Processing Area Sales Manager, with a focus on a specific region – ensuring the in depth knowledge application as well as quality of the solutions offered in Convenience, Sausage, Fresh and Preparation
- Responsible for establishing and implementing a structural market plan, aimed at targeting and maintaining contacts with agents, customers and associates.
- Follow the sales process by taking responsibility for projects from initial concept to hand-over to service.
- Provide market input to Sales, Service, Innovation teams, through visit reports and monthly market reports,
- Integrate into the regional teams with an overview perspective of the business challenges and build up the Further Processing knowledge in the regional teams
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree within a technical area (preferably Mechanical Engineering) You have a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in a commercial position preferably in the food industry.
- As a person, you are emphatic, energetic and sharp, result driven, independent and you have an entrepreneurial mindset. You are down to earth and you have a pragmatic way of approaching your job and its tasks.
- You speak, write and understand English and at least one other language
- Last but not least, you are international oriented and you are willing to travel circa 50% of your time
We offerMarel offers you plenty of space to develop yourself (internationally). The informal atmosphere gives you the opportunity to take responsibility and show initiative. You will of course be supported and supervised by the organization. Salary will depend on knowledge and experience. At Marel the challenges are there for taking!
Contact information/ The procedureDo you recognize yourself in the person? If so, press the “apply” button.
For more information on the position you can contact our HR Recruiter, Bianca van Scherpenzeel, telephone 0485-586180, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to know more about our organization click on www.marel.com/jobs